You have all been so patient and I want to Wassail each and everyone one of you for that. You have been amazing. The time is finally here to start reopening our Kingdom. With Waterloo moving to stage 2 on Monday our entire Kingdom will be in the same stage. We can see each other again!
As of Monday, July 12th, 2021, the Kingdom of Ealdormere will move to phase 2 of our reopening plan.
What this means;
- outdoor gatherings of 25 people is allowed.
- no indoor gatherings at this time.
- no camping.
- Prereg is required to attend any official SCA function (this includes meetings, A&S gatherings, events, practices). Your local seneschal is your contact for more information. If you have not pre-registered, you will be turned away.
- Contact tracing forms must be done for all SCA functions. Every person, including minors, must be individually listed on the form. The form is available here (under Seneschal’s documents): http://www.ealdormere.ca/library.html
- masks are still required
- archery/thrown weapons practices can happen; 2m distancing must be maintained.
- The group can not provide food. Food can be brought by individuals and can be shared by those who share a physical house. 2m physical distancing must be maintained by those eating who are not part of the same physical household.
- The group can provide individual bottles of water if they desire.
*For all the details of phase 2 of our plan, please see the document here (under Seneschal’s documents): http://www.ealdormere.ca/library.html
Please remember that these restrictions are based on provincial legislations and the fines for violations are very severe. Please play safely but let’s definitely go out and play again!
I expect that the province will be moving fairly quickly now, and I will keep you updated. There is a small group of us keeping an eye on the pages of legislation that are applicable to our needs and we are constantly reviewing them so we can bring you the revisions and changes as soon as possible. I recognize that we are not able to engage in every activity we would like to but we are moving in the right direction.
You are welcome to start planning actual events for the fall if your group desires, as the deadline for the start of the fall Tidings is coming up. August 1st is the deadline for any events planned for September, for example. Please remember that restrictions will be changing as time moves forward and any plans you make will need to be adaptable. As well, if the province becomes more restricted again or the timeline for reopening slows down, your event may have to be cancelled. If you have any questions about when to plan your event or are concerned about conflicts, please don’t hesitate to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org