Ealdormere will be following the Proof of Vaccination guidance that has been set out by the BoD.
However due to Ontario legislation, we can not follow the BoD resolution as is. There are points in the resolution that contradict Ontario Legislation. I have been in contact with the Society Seneschal and am working on getting a variance. As you can no doubt understand, the society seneschal and BoD are quite busy at the moment so it may be a little bit more time before I hear back.
Until that time we will be following Ontario legislation (which supersedes the BOD resolution). This means that for our events* that are completely indoors and/or have an option of being indoors, proof of vaccination is required for those 12 years old and above, along with provincially acceptable ID. Under Ontario legislation a negative PCR test does not count as an exemption to the proof of vaccination regulations.
I recognize that our wait times at gate will be longer than normal, and I ask for your continued patience as we work on getting our process sorted out.
For now, when arriving at events the process will involve:
1. Arrive at event, go to designated gate line (very similar to Pennsic). No one may enter the event site until the check-in process is completed.
2. Show proof of vaccination and provincially accepted ID for each person attending.
3. Answer Covid Screening questions (initial and/or detailed as required: all martial combatants must do the detailed screening)
4. Fill out contact tracing form
5. Event sign in (show SCA membership, pay fees, if any)
6. Enter event.
Ealdormere you have been an amazing Kingdom through all of this and I have little doubt that will change. Thank you for making this time and this office a little easier.
*Events as defined by SCA corpora and includes all official meetings, practices, gatherings and weekend